Reflection Post

It has been over 2 months since my study abroad experience and I miss it a lot. I am currently in the breezy cold weather of Evanston right now and I miss the weather. In addition, the cultural change of living in Spain for six weeks and coming back was very abrupt for me. I was very accustomed to the Spanish way of life as they take lifestyle with a more relaxed approach. There is always time for relaxation and destressing in Spain. Over here, it is a constant grind. There really is no time for recuperation as I am constantly working and trying to put myself in the best situation possible. I really miss the bocadillos from Spain at the moment too because there is no real place over here that sells sandwiches like that.

Aside from that, after much reflection, I am very happy I embarked and completed on a study abroad experience. It is something that I was very wary of and almost did not do. I am happy I was able to meet great people on this trip as I was having a bit of trouble making friends here at Northwestern. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to learn as well. I was able to learn a lot about inspirations for American culture and architecture and about myself. Since I am Mexican, I was able to learn more about the people from which my background comes from. Although it is a cruel history, I am fortunate to finally know and be a bit more educated on it.