Beginning of the End

T minus 5 days until I leave Paris. I reflect back to my first memories of this semester and it seems like years ago. This semester has been dreamlike — a pause in my life for a completely new and different experience. It is weird to think it is coming to an end and I will be home soon, and then headed back to NU. I am so ready to head back and see my family, take classes for my major again, and be back on campus. Still, I hate endings and this bittersweet last week will be no exception. I am trying to figure out how to spend the rest of my time here. There will definitely be a lot of packing since my suitcases are indubitably overweight…  Getting some last minute gifts for family, saying bye to my friends as they leave, and hitting some last-minute museums and sites. I really just want to savor the “Paris experience” — the pace, the people, the scenery, the food, the culture. It feels like in just the last two weeks, my French “clicked” and my confidence in the language and maneuvering the city skyrocketed…. and now I have to leave. It is hard not to have thoughts like “I can’t believe I didn’t do this!” or “I should have done this earlier”… but I am trying to focus on all the amazing things I did do and take advantage of what is left. This semester has been very different from expected, but overall it has been such a growing experience. More thoughts to come in my last post!

Montmartre