Home Sweet Home

After Paris I travelled home to Cartagena, Colombia and I spent two very relaxing weeks on the beach and with my family. Compared to the French, Colombians are much more livlier, and I was almost surprised when coming back home at how friendly people could be! I definitely got used to the French way of life, but it was not long until I remembered my own culture and felt pretty comfortable to be myself in a long time. I realized how much a certain culture can influence your behavior, especially if you are immersed in it for a long period of time. I realized that I would never change my home for any country in the world.  Although Paris was an experience that shaped my views on many things and helped me evolve as an individual, there is nothing like coming back to your roots. The morning after I had landed in Cartagena I had a delicious “arepa de huevo” which is basically a fried corn cake stuffed with egg and seasoned beef. Although having fresh baguettes every morning in Paris was amazing, I definitely missed my arepa de huevo!!

Snapchat-2398289894068427230