Staff Spotlight: Evan Goldberg

Welcome to the MSL blog! I have the pleasure of directing the MSL program’s external outreach efforts and advising students on career and professional advancement plans. In addition, I get to help spread the word about the MSL program around the Chicagoland area and the world.

Today, I call Chicago’s Lakeview East neighborhood home, but I was born and raised in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I left to attend Emory University and have spent the majority of my adult life in Atlanta and Chicago. At Emory, I obtained an international studies degree, and later returned for an MBA from Goizueta Business School. During my time in Atlanta, I began my career in higher education. My jobs at Emory and Northwestern have spanned many aspects of university work from international strategy efforts to central administration operations. Before joining the MSL team, I was most proud of meaningful partnerships I helped to build with stakeholders around the world. Now, I greatly enjoy the ability to introduce the MSL program to companies and schools around the world, but more than anything, I am motivated by partnering with many of the talented MSL students and alumni. Watching the accomplishments of members of the MSL community is the most rewarding part of my job.

Evan Goldberg with group of MSL students

Evan at Northwestern San Francisco with EnTP Students

Chicago is one of the most amazing cities I’ve visited. My favorite part about the city is Lake Michigan. I spend time by the lake almost every day from running with my dog, Domino, to picnicking with my wife, Sarah, to biking to and from work, the lake is part of my regular routine. While I love living in Chicago, I enjoy traveling around the world and discovering new places, cultures, and cuisines. Trying new foods and learning about traditions surrounding foods is one of my favorite things to do. I’ve been very fortunate to visit places around the US and the world. Some of my favorite places I’ve visited include the Grand Canyon, Belgium, Canada (4 provinces), China (7 cities), Germany, India (9 cities), and Korea. My favorite place in the world is Paris and I can’t wait to visit again soon.

In Chicago, I enjoy trying new restaurants and exploring the rich arts and culture scene. My favorite museum is the Art Institute and my favorite organization is the Chicago Architecture Center. Check out the CAC’s walking tours in addition to their well-regarded river cruise. From time to time, I go to see live music or performances at theaters like Steppenwolf.  My favorite place at the Law School is the terrace at Harry’s Café. Sometimes you can find me doing work out there. Although I love all pizza, Chicago pizza is not my favorite. Instead, I am always in search of the best sushi. I regularly go to Toro and Lawrence Fish Market. If you want to explore other cuisines, check out various offerings from Lettuce Entertain You including Beatrix and Aba. For a really nice meal, I recommend Swift & Sons.