Learn from Mistakes

Name: Bryce Jackson

Year: Senior

Major: Economics

Minor: Business Institutions

CFS Class: Business Field Studies

Employer: Goldman Sachs

For my Fall 2020 CFS experience, I worked as an intern in the Private Wealth Division at Goldman. Due to covid-19, my entire internship experience was virtual, so I was never able to go into the office. I would say this has been the only negative aspect of the internship due to the fact that I am not around the team every day. On the other hand, I have still been able to interact with people through phone calls or through weekly team zoom meetings. Further, it has been great for me to learn about the various instruments GS has for clients to invest their capital and the various strategies they can employ depending on the client. Moreover, there is a substantial amount of research material that is constantly published, so there is always information and concepts for me to look through that interest me. The largest take away however has probably just been that fact that I have been able to learn from mistakes since this is my first internship. This is really important to me because I was able to write these things down along with things I know I can do better next time. Hopefully, I will then be able to apply what I learned here and fix my mistakes in my internship for next summer.