December 2023 NUSAC Member Spotlight

Our December 2023 NUSAC Member Spotlight is Analiz Castillo, Research Data Analyst, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine

Name: Analiz Castillo
Title: Research Data Analyst
Unit and School/College: Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine
Year Started at Northwestern University: 2019
Year Joined the NUSAC Council: 2023

Why did you join NUSAC? I decided to join NUSAC because I recognized the value it offers in terms of being an active change-agent and promoting the welfare of staff members at Northwestern University. As a staff member myself, I understand firsthand the significance of having a strong and supportive work environment. I am genuinely committed to working together with fellow council members to identify and address the concerns and issues that are important to our community. By being a part of NUSAC, I see an opportunity to make a positive impact, advocate for the needs of staff members, and contribute to creating a work environment that fosters well-being and success for everyone.

What is the most important thing your NU staff colleagues should know about NUSAC? The most important thing NU staff colleagues should know about NUSAC is that it is their dedicated platform for voicing concerns and advocating for their welfare at Northwestern University.

What issue are you most passionate about related to improving the NU experience for staff? The issue I am most passionate about related to improving the NU experience for staff is creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace. I strongly believe that every staff member should feel valued, respected, and represented regardless of their background or identity. I am passionate about advocating for equitable opportunities, promoting diversity in leadership positions, and fostering a culture of inclusivity where everyone’s voice is heard and celebrated. By addressing this issue, we can create a more vibrant and supportive NU community that embraces and celebrates the unique contributions of all staff members.

What do you most enjoy about your work at Northwestern? What I find most enjoyable about my work at Northwestern is the dynamic and intellectually stimulating environment. Collaborating with talented individuals from various disciplines and backgrounds fuels my curiosity and ignites innovative thinking. It’s a place where I can constantly learn and grow, surrounded by a community that values knowledge and fosters creativity.

What is a little-known fun fact about you? I am also a musician, originally from Quito Ecuador, and a chocaholic.