Making Tangible Impacts at Accelerated Growth Advisors

Name: Justin Lee

Year: Junior

Major(s):  Economics

Minor(s): Chinese, Business Institutions Program

CFS Class: Business Field Studies

Employer: Accelerated Growth Advisors

This past quarter was a lot more meaningful than my high hopes could have anticipated. My time at Accelerated Growth Advisors was chalk full of understanding leadership, talented teammates, and great personalities that primed me to make the most of my opportunity there. Training was quick and the work came fast, but there was no stress. The intense work culture was coupled with a relaxed undertone that kept me on my toes, not my knees. The open seating office, snack-filled kitchen, and ping-table set a comfortable tone that pervaded throughout my internship.

My favorite experience at Accelerated Growth Advisors was the constant multi-tasking. From building financial packages to researching client industry metrics, there was always plenty to do all the time. Whenever someone reached out to me to help them with some project, they explained how that task fit into the picture for what their client needed and knowing that I wasn’t doing meaningless work gave me a lot of day to day motivation. On top of that, our CEO invests a lot in the people at the firm. From off-site team events to culture index workshops, I felt more engaged and comfortable working under someone that put effort into making sure everything clicked in the firm. I learned a lot about my behaviors in the workplace, and it’s made me much more mindful of the type of company I want to go to in the future.

There’s not much that I would change about my experience at Accelerated Growth Advisors. I put a lot into making the most out of my time there, and everyone there was supportive. That’s more than I could ever ask for.