Figuring Out the Future at Sylver

on

Name: Michelle Valle

Year: Junior

Major: Economics

Minors: Business Institutions, Latino and Latina Studies

CFS Program: Field Studies in the Modern Workplace

Employer:  Sylver Consulting

I decided to do CFS because I wanted to gain more experience in consulting. I wanted to see if it was a career path I saw myself pursuing in the future. Sylver Consulting is an international innovation research and strategy firm focused on customer-driven insights that lead to market and organizational growth. When I interviewed at Sylver Consulting, I knew that I wanted to intern there because the majority of their projects are based internationally, which I found very interesting. I worked on several projects where our clients where from all over the world, which was exciting but there were also some challenges. However, with those challenges, I learned a lot about the consulting field. Having experience working in this field has made me want to continue pursuing this field in the future.

The CFS course has also been a great experience. The Modern Workplace course has allowed me to think critically and make meaningful connections between my own experiences and the articles we are reading in class. Listening to my classmates’ experiences and interpretations of the articles makes the class very insightful. Overall, I am glad I decided to do CFS because I learn a lot about myself, and what I want to pursue in the future.