Caili Interns at Mission Measurement

Caili Chen Picture(1)Name: Caili

Year: Junior

Major: Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences, Economics

CFS Program: Business Field Studies

I originally was interested in participating in CFS because I wanted to have the opportunity to experience an internship in a guided setting. Through my other coursework, I gained a considerable amount of both technical and soft skills. However, I found that there was often a disconnect between what I was learning and the real-life experiences that I had. Thus, I saw the Chicago Field Studies program as the ideal way for me to have an invaluable experience that combines coursework in a classroom setting with first-hand practices in a company.

After I was admitted to the program, I was very much appreciative and surprised by the support and advice I received from CFS staff and advisors. I really enjoyed working with CFS to find an internship that I am interested in and that is in-line with my career goals. In addition, the interview and internship tips and feedback I received made the search process much less stressful and challenging as I knew that I had CFS advisors to answer any questions I had. The in-class time has served as a wonderful period to analyze the internship experience as a whole. Taking on a full-time internship can be stressful and challenging but having the support of a course that helps dissect the work experience has really helped me reflect on my experiences.

I am excited to start my internship at Mission Measurement in their advisory services division and learn more about the daily work the company does to measure social impact. I believe that being in the work environment will allow me to learn a great deal from my colleagues as well as my fellow interns, increasing my knowledge of MM and the industry as a whole. I have always been passionate about social responsibility and non-profit work and am very pleased to be interning at a company that integrates consulting and working towards giving back to communities. I am grateful that through CFS, I have been given the chance to truly absorb all the knowledge and skills that I can, while exploring a field that is extremely interesting to me. I hope that this internship will propel me in the right direction towards my future career and with the coursework; I know that I am equipped with all the necessary tools to maximize my time this summer.