Makailah’s Invaluable Experience

Makailah Muriithi

Name: Makailah

Year: Senior

Major(s): Political Science

CFS Concentration: Field Studies in the Modern Workplace

Doing Chicago Field Studies has unquestionably been one of the most valuable experiences I have had at Northwestern. I have thoroughly enjoyed my class, Field Studies in the Modern Workplace, and believe that it has made my internship at Blue Canyon Partners a more enjoyable and immersive experience as well. Within the course we discuss theoretical topics related to the workplace that are interesting on their own, but even more so as a complement to the internship, because each student can practically apply the concepts to their personal experiences at work.

What I appreciate most about the course is that though my internship is in consulting, my classmates have internships in finance, marketing, law enforcement, and various other industries, providing me with a glimpse of what it is like to work many different jobs without actually doing them. These discussions and insights into other industries have been invaluable and I highly recommend the Chicago Field Studies program to every student at Northwestern!