David on CFS

David Hong Business Casual Headshot

Name: David

Year: Junior

Major(s): Learning & Organizational Change, Economics

CFS Concentration: Business Field Studies

I am really enjoying my CFS experience this quarter. It’s a unique opportunity to experience both the life of a graduate working downtown and also the life of a student studying in Evanston. I really love arriving at work every morning to learn about the professional world and to learn new skills. I have a philosophy that I can learn from everyone, and CFS allows me to build new and existing relationships each day.

My internship is so meaningful because I am given projects that make a difference at my firm. The people at my firm are so friendly and knowledgeable. Interning in the fall is great for me because the timing allows me to participate in an established internship program and still have enough flexibility to do fall projects that interest me. I am able to explore and work on the client-facing, strategy side of my firm. This is something that especially excites me.

Outside of my internship, I continue to discuss interesting topics in my CFS class. Our instructor does a great job designing the class to be something the students find meaningful. I have been able to speak with him on a very personal level. I also love interacting with my classmates while we take field trips to different firms. I feel like I am always learning in class. The course itself is actually quite enjoyable. In conclusion, I love being able to intern and take the course; CFS is something I strongly recommend that other students participate in.