Hannah Shares Her CFS Experience

on

Hannah HallecksonName: Hannah

Year: Junior

Major/Minor: Math/French

CFS Concentration: Field Studies in Civic Engagement

Looking for an internship was an overwhelming process for me. I’ve never had an internship before, so CFS was a great opportunity for me. The CFS staff helped me with everything from resume writing to interviewing to finally accepting an offer. On the first day of my internship, I was nervous and intimidated. Now as I’m entering the last few weeks of Spring quarter, I enjoy going to my internship, working with my coworkers, and I feel confident in the work I am doing.

This past quarter, I’ve been a development intern at the Chicago Architecture Foundation (CAF). However, I’ve been able to do so much more than just fundraising. Possibly my favorite aspect of my internship has been the variety of experiences I’ve been able to have. Yes, I help with fundraising—sending out thank you letters to donors, helping to manage our donor database—but I also support special events, from the annual Gala to a private tour and reception at an architect/member’s home this coming Thursday. In addition, I had my hand in projects for Marketing, Public Programming, and Education. I was looking for variety when I picked CAF, and I definitely found that.