Making an Impact in Human Capital Consulting

Name: Edward Crandall

Year: Senior

Major: Economics and Geography

Minor: Business Institutions

CFS Class: Business Field Studies

Employer: Axxum Consulting

For my Chicago Field Studies internship, I am working remotely at Axxum Consulting. It is a consulting company specifically focused on Human Capital. It has been a wonderful experience and an amazing learning opportunity. Ever since the start of my internship, they have placed an enormous amount of trust in me. This has been a great chance for me to learn and grow professionally. I have been able to work on a project where I have had exposure to a lot of different things, so I feel as if the large variety of work I am doing has a tremendous impact for the client.

It is really cool to be a part of an organization that truly invests in me as a worker and practices a lot of the human capital recommendations they are preaching to clients. The project has been extremely interesting and my project manager is always willing to give productive feedback. As the project I am currently working on has a team of three people, we all have been able to work together pretty closely and understand each other’s strengths and work styles. It truly allows us to work more effectively as a team and produce quality work for the client. While work is often hectic, I have really missed the human interaction that is lacking in a virtual work environment. We often talk about how we would’ve enjoyed a team lunch or just de-stressing in person. However, we are truly making the most out of the virtual workspace through team breakfasts and happy hours.

I am super thankful for the opportunity I have had and I look forward to my remaining time at Axxum.