Blogging to Inform the Public About E-Commerce

Name: Lucas Conrad

Year: Junior

Major: Economics

Minor: Political Science

CFS Class: Business Field Studies

Employer: Tangiblee

I’ve spent this summer working at Tangiblee, a small software company that provides a product visualization service for e-commerce retailers.  Throughout my time at the company I have learned a significant amount about the business to business (B2B) software world and the details of e-commerce business strategy.  As soon as I started working there, they began to develop a new blog component to their website. In an effort to demonstrate knowledge over the market and offer value to e-commerce retailers, these blog posts provide an informational base on all things e-commerce.  One of my most interesting tasks over the summer has been to conduct research and write blog posts. By the end of my time working, I hope to have four published. Two are currently ready to be published, and likely will be live on the site by the end of the week, titled “Three Key Concepts to Keep In Mind When Testing Solutions for your E-Commerce Business” and “How to Tell a Product Story that Converts.”I’ve always enjoyed writing.  It has been extremely rewarding to learn more about e-commerce and technology while immediately putting this knowledge to use in an informational, public format.  The opportunity to learn about the space through periods of intense purposive research – combined with the opportunity to constantly soak up knowledge through immersion in a real-life work environment – has helped me learn more than I could have hoped for.  Additionally, working in the small team with a lean start-up mentality has given me the freedom to work on some incredibly substantive material, including published case studies and the aforementioned blog posts. I’m proud of what I’ve been able to do at Tangiblee this summer and I’m grateful I have been able to work with such bright and welcoming people.to use in an informational, public format.  The opportunity to learn about the space through periods of intense purposive research – combined with the opportunity to constantly soak up knowledge through immersion in a real-life work environment – has helped me learn more than I could have hoped for. Additionally, working in the small team with a lean start-up mentality has given me the freedom to work on some incredibly substantive material, including published case studies and the aforementioned blog posts.  I’m proud of what I’ve been able to do at Tangiblee this summer and I’m grateful I have been able to work with such bright and welcoming people.