Staff Spotlight: Pawel Halemba

Name: Pawel Halemba

Title: Maintenance Supervisor

Department: Residential Services

Where are you from? I moved to the U.S. from Poland when I was a teenager. Since then I always lived around Chicago.

What brought you to Student Affairs?
It was actually quite random, I saw the job posting online. Having extensive management background I thought it might be a good fit, where I could apply my knowledge and experience from previous career endeavors. It end up being a very positive experience that lets me enjoy every day working at NU.

How many years have you worked in Student Affairs at Northwestern?  2

What’s your favorite part about working in Student Affairs?
My favorite part has to be the variety of challenges that I run into on daily basis. I like to face and solve new problems. It is always satisfying to be able to help students and faculty around campus.

What recommendation(s) do you have for someone new to Student Affairs?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I never had a bad encounter with any of the great Student Affairs staff. Ever since I started working at NU, everyone always seemed more than happy to help and assist anyway possible.

What inspires you?
I am inspired by self-belief. It is quite easy in this constantly changing environment we live in to fall into the trap of doubting yourself.

What can’t you live without?
I couldn’t live without my family, my best friend and future wife Kasia.

How do you like to spend your free time?
I am more or less a homebody but I do enjoy a nicely planned trip, attending concerts, occasional bar and restaurant visits with friends and working on cars.

What’s your favorite spot on campus? The view of the lake and Ryan Fieldhouse from the top floor at 560 Lincoln.

Each week a different staff member in the division of Student Affairs will be featured. Staff can opt in to be featured, by filling out the Staff Spotlight Submission form. Student Affairs Marketing staff reach out to staff from across the division asking for participation. The spotlights will be featured in the Student Affairs Snapshot e-newsletter.