Staff Spotlight: Elizabeth Hsu

Name: Elizabeth Hsu

Title: Patient Advocacy Coordinator

Department: Health Service

Where are you from? Atlanta, Georgia

What brought you to Student Affairs? I recently moved to Chicago from Atlanta to enjoy some colder weather:) In conducting my job search, I wanted a role that utilized the knowledge I gained during my time in hospital administration and kept me working with patients. My role at Health Service allows me to work with students as patients, helping them to navigate our complex healthcare system.

What can’t you live without? I could not live without chocolate chip cookies, coffee, and iced tea.

How do you like to spend your free time? I enjoy spending time outdoors, walking, running, hiking, and camping. I enjoy cooking, reading, and spending way too much time learning all the details of a very obscure topic.

What’s your favorite spot on campus? I love the view from the path along the lake behind Norris. It makes a great walking trail even when the weather is cold.

Each week a different staff member in the division of Student Affairs will be featured. Staff can opt in to be featured, by filling out the Staff Spotlight Submission form. Student Affairs Marketing staff reach out to staff from across the division asking for participation. The spotlights will be featured in the Student Affairs Snapshot e-newsletter.