Staff Spotlight: Linda Luk

Name: Linda Luk

Title: Administrative Assistant

Department: Multicultural Student Affairs

Where are you from? I was born in Hong Kong and immigrated to the U.S. at age 6.

How many years have you worked in Student Affairs at Northwestern? Less than a year.

What recommendation(s) do you have for someone new to Student Affairs?
My recommendation for someone new to the field is to be involved with one of the professional associations. It is a wonderful way to build your network, develop new skills and continue learning through conferences, webinars and journal publications.

What inspires you?
The amazing people that are making a difference in the world inspire me. For example, the women who are making history in Congress and the brave young women who spoke out as a part of the #MeToo movement inspire me. I am amazed by their courage and passion. They inspire me to become civically engaged and speak out about causes that I care about.

What can’t you live without?
I can’t live without my family. My partner and my two children, Kaylee and Lucas are everything to me.

What’s your favorite part about working in Student Affairs?
My favorite part about working in student affairs is being in a university environment where I am constantly learning new things and meeting new people. I also really value and appreciate that the core values of student affairs such as diversity, integrity, and social justice align with my own personal values.

Each week a different staff member in the division of Student Affairs will be featured. Staff can opt in to be featured, by filling out the Staff Spotlight Submission form. Student Affairs Marketing staff reach out to staff from across the division asking for participation. The spotlights will be featured in the Student Affairs Snapshot e-newsletter.