Most important articles of my PhD so far (ALD x SOFCs)

Here are five papers that are currently guiding my research.

1. Stabilizing Nanostructured Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Cathode with Atomic Layer Deposition
This is the paper that is justifying my current research. Here we have an infiltrated cathode, LSC in porous LSGM, stabilized against degradation by use of ALD-deposited zirconia (ZrO2).

2. Atomic-layer-controlled deposition of TEMAZ/O2–ZrO2 oxidation resistance inner surface coatings for solid oxide fuel cells
Although these authors use a different precursor, this work shows the best consideration and practical-vetting for a precursor in a porous scaffold.

3. Atomic Layer Deposition on Porous Materials: Problems with Conventional Approaches to Catalyst and Fuel Cell Electrode Preparation
This is a very recent, comprehensive review of the challenges in imposing ALD on porous systems with references to all known attempts on SOFCs to date.

4. Use of the Simple Infiltrated Microstructure Polarization Loss Estimation (SIMPLE) model to describe the performance of nano-composite solid oxide fuel cell cathodes
Pretty sure I’ve referred to this as the holy grail paper to groupmates, as it’s a guiding model for cell fabrication and understanding for me. Not sure why it’s listed on PubMed.

5. Degradation of nano-scale cathodes: a new paradigm for selecting low-temperature solid oxide cell materials
Details and modeling of the mechanism I am currently trying to inhibit (others to follow! to be discussed in my qualifier).

Published inPosts