Meet the Team

Who we are

YallaDoha is a news agency founded by a group of journalists residing in Doha, Qatar to investigate uncovered stories. We strive to make our content easy, accessible and accurate. Our name is a combination of the terms “Yalla” and “Doha”. Yalla, in the Arabic language, means “let us go”. We provide useful information for people who live or plan to live in Doha in the future. We are excited to have you join the fun! Yalla!

Hakem Al Meqdad

Editor

I have lived in 5 countries so far. I’m a person who has goals and loves the unexpectedness. I always like to challenge the reality that’s why I’m part of YallaDoha.

Makeda Ararso

Subeditor of YallaDoha

I am a new resident here in Doha. I am an aspiring musician and journalist and I love exploring new things.

Nekbakht Alibekova

Subeditor of YallaDoha

I’m 19. I proudly stand for human rights, feminism, and environmentalism. I am ready to spend the rest of my life exploring and appreciating new cultures, talking to the people, trying new foods and dancing to their music.

Zeest Marrium

Instagram Journalist

I’m a versatile and creative non-political journalist from Pakistan different stories through writing, photography, and videography. I love baking, food photography, and I’m obsessed with food.

Haregewoin Mehari

Instagram Journalist

I’m a major bookworm and also an aspiring writer. I love Taekwondo but hate Math. I believe in living life to its fullest.

Aesha Hussein

Vox Pop Journalist

I am Egyptian, but I have lived in Qatar for almost 16 years now. I love learning and storytelling, I am an avid movie watcher, I was a competitive swimmer, and I play the violin.

Malek El Bini

Vox Pop Journalist

I am 18 years old and I am from Lebanon. I am addicted to playing video games, eating seafood, and football.

Neeha Rashid

Data Journalist

I am big on stationery, art, and anything that sparkles – I’ve never read a full-length book and I run the indie creative brand, Ink Blot!

Paribesh Sitoula

Data Journalist

I am a big fan of data visualization and interactive animations, I love working with numbers and doing things that make math fun. After all, data is beautiful.

Bizawit Merawi

Interactive Journalist

I am an Ethiopian born Journalist with a focus on culture stories. I believe a good read can solve your worries and a good song can calm all the nerves. I love anime and listening to K-Pop.

James Mburu

Interactive Journalist

I love ‘big talk’ which allows me to hear and share fundamental and interesting ideas with people I meet every day, thus allowing me to form genuine connections with other humans. I love philosophy, spontaneous food outings and watching how things are made.

Leonjre Awani Anderson

Podcast Journalist

I am from Brooklyn, New York, and I currently live in Doha. I love animations and documentaries and my favorite soccer team is Manchester United.

Fawaz Al Mudahka

Podcast Journalist

I am half Qatari and half British, and I believe that I can add an element of perspective to the stories we have. On the other hand, I race from time to time at Losail circuit. I love to meet new people and go to events happening around the country.