Bio

Welcome. I am an Assistant Professor in political science and urban studies at Northwestern University. My research is about urban politics, the politics of race and ethnicity (REP), and American Political Development (APD).

At Northwestern, I am affiliated with the Department of Political Science, the Program of Urban Studies, the Center for Civic Engagement, and the Institute for Policy Research. I have also held visiting scholar positions at Princeton’s Center for the Study of Democratic Politics and the École Urbaine / Centre d’Études Européennes at Sciences Po.

Click around to learn more about my research, teaching, civic connections, or interests in general.

I am originally from Chicago(land), and also have fond memories of my time spent living in South Bend (Go Irish!); London (To Dare Is To Do!), Pascagoula (Go Eagles!), Washington, DC (Go NAHRO!), Syracuse (Go Orange!), and Brooklyn (Go to brunch!). I studied at the University of Notre Dame (BA), the New School for Social Research (MA), and Columbia University (PhD).