¡Bienvenidos a Barcelona!

Passport? Boarding Pass? Bags?

Check, check, and check!

I wanted to start my 1st blog post with a pro-tip:

If you plan on buying euros from your bank, make sure you call ahead. If you’re like me and don’t call ahead, you might find yourself driving to 50000 banks until you find the one that has them, 3 hours later.

I’m willing to recognize that maybe I should not have waited until the day I’m supposed to leave to make sure I had euros. In my defense, though,  I have been busy the past couple days,  between finishing up my assignments and moving out of the dorms, that ordering euros didn’t even cross my mind. 

To be honest, I have been so busy that it’s only hitting me now, as I sit outside of Gate C110 at the airport in Newark, that I‘m going to be spending the next 6 weeks in Spain. While I’m excited, I’m also a little nervous, particularly about how my Spanish conversation skills are going to hold up. My family and friends assured me that I’ll get better in no time. I’m going to take their word for it, considering some have been to Spain already. They have suggested a few restaurants to try and places to go to. I’m going to try my best to get to all of those and more, but even if I don’t I know the experience is going to be a great one!

Until I write again,

Sydney