Last Week in Paris

As I sit in my homestay during my last week in Paris, I can’t help but wonder how it all went by so fast. It feels like it was just yesterday I stepped off of the plane and was bombarded by signs in a language that looked a little bit like gibberish. Three and a half months later what had seemed so strange became familiar. I even knew a little French.

Hôtel de Ville

One of the most surprising things about Paris is that you really don’t have to try hard to stumble upon something special. During the first few days, we stayed in the center of the city at a youth hostel. I remember walking to class for the first time and being surprised when I looked up to see the Notre Dame Cathedral. Even when there aren’t major historical sites in view, there is still so much to explore. There will always be tiny parks, beautiful churches, and charming cafes at every corner. Not to mention adorable dogs.

City life comes with other challenges, of course. But considering the density of cool places to  visit, all of which can be reached easily by metro or on foot, it seems like a small price to pay to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.