Staff Spotlight: Paula Evans

Name: Paula Evans

Title: Program Assistant

Department: Dean of Students Office

Where are you from? Chicago

How many years have you worked in Student Affairs at Northwestern? 2 years

What inspires you? My faith in God inspires me. I am also inspired by taking time for creative expression such as baking, teaching, writing and crafting.

How do you like to spend your free time? I like planning down time for myself. That can be anything from curling up on the couch catching up on my favorite TV shows and movies, or reading a good book . . . while eating chocolate. I also like spending time with friends, checking out restaurants, watching movies and shopping in quaint locations.

What’s your favorite spot on campus? My favorite spot on campus is pretty much anywhere with an unobstructed view of the lake. Every summer, I tell myself that I’m going to spend more time at the lakefront, but I never make enough time. Being on such a beautiful campus that is surrounded by the lake, it’s so much easier to get there. When I do go, I often take a book to read, or just sit and meditate. For me, staring out at the big, beautiful lake can make even the biggest problems seem pale in comparison.

Each week a different staff member in the division of Student Affairs will be featured. Staff can opt in to be featured, by filling out the Staff Spotlight Submission form. Student Affairs Marketing staff reach out to staff from across the division asking for participation. The spotlights will be featured in the Student Affairs Snapshot e-newsletter.