Mona Dugo Honored with Leadership Award

Mona Dugo, Senior Associate Dean of Students at Northwestern University, received the Leadership Award from the Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA), the highest honor the association gives, at the 2017 Roundtable in Denver. 

The award honors an individual “whose contributions and exceptional dedication have provided a positive vision for the future of Case Management in Higher Education,” and whose personal and professional qualities have “encouraged others to develop their own gifts of leadership.”

One of Dugo’s nominators, Jennifer E. Henkle, Community of Concern Assistant Director at University of Kentucky, said that as a fellow HECMA Leadership Team member she knows how difficult it can be to find time to contribute to projects, but that Mona has always been willing to give back.

“When I myself have a question about [a] process at my institution I often think of individuals whom I hope respond,” Henkle said. “Mona is among those individuals and I know I can trust her professional judgment and her ability to help us continue to move forward the standards and definitions for best practice our field is developing.”

An Evanston native with more than 15 years of experience in higher education, Dugo helps students balance mental health, wellness, academics and co-curricular life at Northwestern. Previously, Dugo was Assistant Dean of Students at Northwestern, and has served in roles such as Staff Therapist at Loyola University Wellness Center and Part-Time Therapist at Knox College.