Marketing Students Showcase Work at Second Annual End-of-Year Exhibit

Student Affairs Marketing (SAM) held their second annual End-of-Year Exhibit in the Segal Visitors Center on Friday, May 12. This yearly exhibit showcased SAM’s student employees’ work created throughout the year to market Student Affairs and its 30+ departments. Student employees work as graphic designers, videographers, photographers, copywriters, and social media coordinators to promote and record the many events and programs held by Northwestern Student Affairs throughout the year.

To prepare for this exhibit, students chose five pieces from this year to present to the full-time staff of SAM. Their top three pieces were chosen to feature at the showcase. These pieces represent the students’ best designs, blogs, photos, and videos, and gave the Student Affairs staff the opportunity to view projects created for their departments throughout the year.

Director of Student Affairs Marketing, James McHaley, reflected on the experience, “It’s fantastic that our student employees are given this venue to see how far their work reaches in the university and witness the pride they feel.”

SAM gives Northwestern students the opportunity to practice and hone real-world work experience and skills. Students collaborate with Student Affairs department administrators to create and implement entire marketing campaigns. Freshman Sydney Yockey said, “Reflecting on my past projects reminded me of the creative forethought required for this position… My best photos were from events that I had put extra effort into and where I had focused on finding new angles for my photography.”

The event included a brief welcoming by the Vice President for Student Affairs Patricia Telles-Irvin and a speech which recognized  the SAM seniors for their hard work and dedication to SAM and Northwestern during their time here.

Senior and Graphic Design Supervisor Jasmin Williams said, “The SAM exhibit felt like the perfect wrap-up to my four years with SAM. It was both emotional and inspirational to see everyone’s work and to be recognized with my fellow seniors.”

Pictures from the event and SAM banquet are included below. View the full album of projects and guests from the event on SAM’s SmugMug page.