No Trouble for the Treblemakers

A large banner strung between two trees just inside the Northwestern Arch was my only indication that the Treble Makers, an acapella group, would be performing Saturday night. Usually I prefer recommendations from trusted sources before I reserve an evening for a performance, but I decided to go out on a limb and put my faith in the cloth sign. The elegantly illegible script on the banner made it hard to read in a way that I could only assume meant this would be a fancy affair, but I was caught off guard (pleasantly) by the casual nature of the show. It was not in one of the theaters or classic performance auditoriums on campus; instead it was held in a large lecture hall that happened to have a stage. The second indication that this might not be a button-down shirt type of event was the minimal yet charming decorations. Before the show started I had time to admire the carefully crafted word “Friendsgiving” written on the stage chalkboard with colorful fall leaves cut out of paper surrounding it.

The first performances—two duets—weren’t even in the pamphlet, nor were they announced except when the performers timidly stated their first names before singing. I did attend the first of the two performances held that night, so maybe they were still nervous, but the first two duets left me a little disappointed. They were decent singers, but no one yet lived up to the extravagantly scripted sign or even the writing on the chalkboard. Then the lights went down except for on the stage and all the members of the group, 17 according to the pamphlet, rushed on stage. A male soloist immediately began singing the first song on the program: “Feelin’ Good Medley”—“a medley of Feelin’ Good by Michael Bublé and Bring it Back by Shawn Mendes. Both songs have a strong swing and yet opposite emotional messages.” A male soloist—Yichun Li—began the number. I could tell he was a good (not great) singer, but it helped when the rest of the Treble Makers came in with the accompaniment. As a group they sounded well-rehearsed and on key. Then Bernetta Li chimed in to sing what I assumed is the “Bring it Back” part of the medley and I instantly thought she must be the star of the group. She had confident, smooth vocals that stood out among other members of the group. She didn’t have many more solo opportunities (which was disappointing), but other members of the acapella group had decent to solid voices as well. Later in the program a few numbers featured Korean and Cantonese lyrics that flowed perfectly with English supplements.

As the show went on, and it was only about 45 minutes total, I settled into the casual atmosphere. A tenor named Bodhi occasionally offered introductions and interludes between songs, and early on they talked briefly about the theme of “Friendsgiving,” asking that we collectively enjoy the show despite recent disheartening events. I was not friends with any of the performers, but it was clear that the crowd was mostly familiar with them. The auditorium wasn’t full, but there were enough people so that it didn’t feel empty. Friends in the audience would call out to certain performers so that I begun to recognize them by name, and a few people even had signs to hold up as though this was a sporting event. In the second to last song, Liz Kang, an alto soloist, began laughing midway through and didn’t stop until it was over. The lyrics were in Korean, so I couldn’t figure out why she might be laughing so hard. Despite the irony of the song’s title—“Don’t Be Happy”—the fit of laughter seemed unscripted. By that time I had welcomed the charmingly candid nature of the performance, so laughing didn’t seem out of place as it would have been at a fancier, more professional performance. I felt like I was watching a group of friends have fun on stage while making good music together, which is really rewarding. My only advice would be to make the banner outside the arch less ornate in order to match the mood of the performance; then next time I attend a Treblemakers “Friendsgiving” I won’t wear heels.

1,516 Comments

• janecastro commented on November 30, 2016 Reply

Anna,

I thought you summed up the vibe of the show nicely with your line: “I felt like I was watching a group of friends have fun on stage while making good music together, which is really rewarding.” I couldn’t help but wonder if it felt alienating to not be one of the performers’ friends at such a small, casual show. I thought the candid moments you pulled into focus and the short timid introductions really made me feel like the overall performance was very welcoming and strangely personal even without any personal connections.

• Celine Dion commented on August 18, 2023 Reply

The audience’s interactions with the performers, calling out their names and mapquest driving directions holding signs, added to the friendly atmosphere.

• Bussiness Sale commented on March 8, 2024 Reply

This is a delightful review! Your vivid description truly captures the essence of the performance.

Strengths of the Analysis:
      Vivid Description: You highlight the effectiveness of the line: “I felt like I was watching a group of friends have fun on stage while making good music together, which is really rewarding.” This captures the “vibe of the show nicely”.
      Thoughtful Inquiry: You pose an interesting question “if it felt alienating to not be one of the performers’ friends” at such a “small, casual show”. This opens up a new avenue for discussion.
      Focus on Candid Moments: You appreciate the writer’s focus on “candid moments” and “short timid introductions”. This creates a sense of intimacy in the review.
      Welcoming Atmosphere: The “welcoming and strangely personal” atmosphere is highlighted, even for someone without personal connections. This is a great point.
      Overall, your comment is insightful and engaging. It highlights the vivid description, the thoughtful inquiry, the focus on details that create intimacy, and the overall positive impression of the welcoming atmosphere

khalidelarbi
      ————————————
      Online Marketing Analysis

business for sale

• Jae Kim commented on December 12, 2016 Reply

Hello Anna!

I also wrote one about this concert, and I really liked your critique of it. You did a really good job of summarizing what went on the stage, and I could really picture the details in the performance. It was structured very clearly and inclusive of the general details, the setting, and the meaning of the concert. Thank you for sharing this!

-Jae

• betterretirement commented on January 17, 2023 Reply

When you said, “I felt like I was seeing a bunch of friends having fun on stage while producing wonderful music together, which is extremely fulfilling,” I thought you captured the show’s spirit well. It made me question whether it was awkward to be there watching the event alone and not know any of the performers. The whole performance seemed incredibly inviting and phrazle weirdly intimate, even without any personal links, because to the honest moments you highlighted and the brief, cautious introductions.

• megaslot commented on May 26, 2022 Reply

Megagame online slots No. 1, the entrance to play slots, the easiest to break, PG games, often broken, promotions, bonuses and free credits, the highest online slots, must be MEGASLOTGAME.COM, everything goes through an automatic system. สล็อต

• Betmates commented on June 1, 2022 Reply

이용이유가생기는곳 먹튀검증 안전노리터 go

• Prometheas Technologies commented on February 22, 2024 Reply

Hire Outsystems Developers!

OutSystems stands as a versatile platform, enabling the rapid creation of robust web and mobile applications that outpace the competition. As a low-code platform, it demands minimal coding, resulting in swift project turnaround. OutSystems boldly asserts its capability for lightning-fast, full-stack visual development of enterprise-level applications. Beyond speed, OutSystems facilitates seamless integration with existing systems and cross-device compatibility. For enterprises, it unlocks remarkable scalability opportunities, thus rendering the possibilities boundless with OutSystems.
      Visit- https://prometheastech.com , mail- hello@prometheastech.com

• Sameena commented on June 11, 2022 Reply

Thanks for sharing your experience on the stage. You explained everything in detail.
    Digital Marketing Agency in Karachi

• news post planet commented on July 29, 2022 Reply
  • JULIE MARIO commented on August 2, 2022 Reply

Megagame online slots No. 1, the entrance to play slots, the one that is the simplest to break, PG games, which are frequently broken, promotions, bonuses, and free credits, the highest slope game online slots, must be MEGASLOTGAME.COM, everything is processed through an automatic system.

Megagame online slots No. 1, the entrance to play slots, the one that is the slope game simplest to break, PG games, which are frequently broken, promotions, bonuses, and free credits, the highest online slots, must be MEGASLOTGAME.COM, everything is processed through an automatic system.

• Steve Herrington commented on August 3, 2022 Reply

Are you having sleepless nights and find difficulties in composing university/college papers for Physics? Acquire the Physics Homework Help reference to learn better concepts of physics. Here, you can find the solutions of your physics homework or assignment questions with the help of qualified and experienced tutors along with one-to-one physics tutoring sessions likewise physical classroom.

• timenewsuk commented on August 18, 2022 Reply
  • 에볼루션 알가격 commented on August 30, 2022 Reply

you all technicalss AUGUST1983Y solutions and staff we need for 에볼루션알가격

• vashikaran commented on September 6, 2022 Reply

Vashikaran Removal Solutions

If you feel that someone is trying to control the mind of your family member or friend then you can use vashikaran removal solutions.

https://www.prachinvashikaran.com/vashikaran-removal-solutions/

• changedestinyway commented on September 6, 2022 Reply

Mantra For Child Behaviour
    https://www.changedestinyway.com/mantra-for-child-behaviour/
    Mantra For Child Behaviour or astrological remedy for stubborn child is our services, here we will provide you totke to control son.

• quranicways commented on September 6, 2022 Reply

Authoritative Dua For Wanting To Meet Someone in 40 Days
    https://www.quranicways.com/dua-for-wanting-to-meet-someone/
    Dua For Wanting To Meet Someone or to meet someone you love can be use to meet someone again.

• quranicpowers commented on September 6, 2022 Reply

Powerful Sifli Amal For Love

https://www.quranicpowers.com/powerful-sifli-amal-for-love/

Powerful Sifli Amal For Love or ka tor can be use for love marriage. Get resolve your problems like how to get rid of sifli amal.

• islamicways786 commented on September 6, 2022 Reply

Islamic Dua For Lottery

https://www.islamicways786.com/islamic-dua-for-lottery/

Islamic Dua For Lottery or prayer to win lotto can be use for lottery numbers.

Powerful Sifli Amal For Love

• quranicremedies commented on September 6, 2022 Reply
  • slotsite commented on September 21, 2022 Reply

I have been looking for articles on these topics for a long time. slotsite I don’t know how grateful you are for posting on this topic. Thank you for the numerous articles on this site, I will subscribe to those links in my bookmarks and visit them often. Have a nice day

• yawazifa commented on October 18, 2022 Reply

Are you want to make someone in fall love with you? today i will guide you via article name 5 Best Dua To Save Marriage From Divorce

• yawadud commented on October 18, 2022 Reply

Hello Friends Are You Finding A true Love? Today i am here with a interesting topic called 5 Powerful True Love Dua For Love Marriage

• islamicnaqsh commented on October 18, 2022 Reply

As salaam alaikum, my all friends, today i come here with a interesting topic called , you can read it to get 5 Tested Dua To Convince Parents For Love Marriage

• yawazif commented on October 18, 2022 Reply

Today i come here with topic 4 Tested Dua To Make Him Fall In Love With Me, it is a tested 8 Amazing Islamic Dua For Marriage Proposal

• askmaulana commented on October 18, 2022 Reply

Hi.. friends assalamualaikum how are you? Today i will tell 5 Powerful Dua To Make Peace In Your Marriage Life

• yaqahhar commented on October 18, 2022 Reply

Hello my all brothers and sisters, as salam walekum, Today we will cover a most impotent topic name Powerful Dua To Control Anger Within 7 Days

• clitosi commented on October 26, 2022 Reply

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such an interesting website, you can check out the color tunnel when you have time

• totosite commented on November 8, 2022 Reply

As I am looking at your writing, totosite I regret being unable to do outdoor activities due to Corona 19, and I miss my old daily life. If you also miss the daily life of those days, would you please visit my site once? My site is a site where I post about photos and daily life when I was free.
    ss

• Molana Junaid Jafferi commented on November 27, 2022 Reply

Do You Want To Get Dua For Loved Ones? If You Want A Dua To Heal Your Love And Relationship Problems Then Consult With Our Islamic Scholar Molvi Ji. Get Dua For The Loved Ones If You Want Someone To Love You Back. If You Want To Create Mutual Feelings Someone’s Heart For You, Then Dua For Someone To Love You Is The Best Islamic Remedy For You. For more information about the dua for true love, visit us @ https://lovebackduas.com/dua-for-loved-one/

• Hazrat Noor Mohammad commented on December 1, 2022 Reply

Have You Reached The Age Of Marriage And Wish To Know When You Will Get Married? If You Wish To Find Out The Signs From Allah About Marriage, You Can Consult Our Islamic Scholar. He Will Help You Find The Best Islamic Ways To Marry Soon. If You See A Dream About Getting Married, You Can Also Seek His Help To Find Out Its Meaning In Islam. To read more, visit: https://quranicwazifa.com/signs-from-allah-about-marriage/

• nanalyly commented on December 2, 2022 Reply

The post in this forum is amazing, the post is very helpful for me. You can spend some time playing games stumble guys

• jaeseu commented on December 7, 2022 Reply

I found this post very interesting and informative.
    Thank you for sharing your special thoughts with us. I definitely share this with my peeps.
    Visit this and have fun !

제이나인 온라인 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 안전 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 검증 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 게임 사이트
    제이나인 라이브 카지노
    https://www.j9korea.com

• Vashikaran Mantra for Love commented on December 13, 2022 Reply

How to do vashikaran on Boyfriend – Vashikaran Totke in Hindi

If you wish to perform boyfriend vashikaran at home, you need the most powerful boyfriend vashikaran totke. Through these vashikaran totke, you can learn how to do vashikaran on your boyfriend by photo and name. You can also get vashikaran on boyfriend performed by our Vashikaran specialist astrologer. Get the best vashikaran totke for boyfriend in Hindi from our website: https://vashikaranmantraforlove.com/how-to-do-vashikaran-on-boyfriend/

• Mark Kotov commented on December 13, 2022 Reply

Great to diversify your weekdays and weekends. I had a period when I did not want to live a social life at all, but then I found a balance between time in silence and various leisure activities. Balance is important in everything. chatroulette

• Vashikaran Mantra for Love commented on December 16, 2022 Reply

Do logo ko alag karne ka totka aur upay

Agar aap kisi shakhs se pyar karte hai aur unhe pana chahte hai to vashikaran mantra aur totke ki madad se aap aisa kar sakte hai. Agar vo insaan kisi aur se pyar karta hai to do logo ko alag karne ka totka aapke kaam aaega. Mantra to separate two people ki madad se aap kisi ki bhi relationship to tod sakte hai. Is mantra aur totke ko padhne ke liye hamara ye article padhein: https://vashikaranmantraforlove.com/do-logo-ko-alag-karne-ka-totka/

• Tammy Bailey commented on December 27, 2022 Reply

Thanks for the information, I found a lot of interesting information here. Keep sharing such informative post.
    Really very interesting and useful.
    MyHealthonline Login

• yawazifa commented on December 28, 2022 Reply

Are you looking for a way to help you find love quickly? If Yes then read our article about Speedy Benefits of Surah Tariq For Marriage In 31 Days

• yawadud commented on December 28, 2022 Reply

Are you worry due to marriage related problems? If Yes then read our article Powerful Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel For Marriage 100% Results.

• Brooke Chambers commented on December 29, 2022 Reply

This article is really amazing. Thanks for the sharing.

Fragomen Connect Client Portal

• casinosite commented on December 29, 2022 Reply

From some point on, I am preparing to build my site while browsing various sites. It is now somewhat completed. If you are interested, please come to play with casinosite !!

• Jarod commented on December 30, 2022 Reply

That’s great. I was impressed by your writing. I am happy to see such a topic. Dollar General Customer Satisfaction Survey Please come to my blog and read it.

• David Chau commented on January 3, 2023 Reply

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post. Foremost Pay Online

• Peer Mohammad Qadri Ji commented on January 3, 2023 Reply

Do you want to make a dua for your parents health and happiness? Are you aware about the most powerful and beautiful dua for parents? You can contact our Islamic scholar to get a dua for your parents health and long life. With this powerful dua, you can pray for your mother and father to always stay happy and healthy. To read more about the dua for parents’ happiness, visit: https://amliyatdua.com/beautiful-dua-for-parents 

Do you want a dua for finding a good husband? If you are an unmarried woman, you can contact our Islamic scholar for the dua for a good spouse. With the help of the dua for righteous husband, you will find the right marriage proposal and have a happy married life. To know more about the dua for finding a spouse, visit: https://amliyatdua.com/dua-for-getting-a-good-husband 

• Abdullah Hussain commented on January 3, 2023 Reply

Are You Looking For The Right Person To Get Married Soon? If You Want An Islamic Prayer For Marriage, You Can Consult With Our Molvi Abdullah Hussain Ji And Get Dua For Getting Married Soon. He Will Also Give You Dua For Marriage And Best Dua For Getting Married Soon. For more information visit us @ https://www.marriagedua.com/dua-for-getting-married-soon/

• ana commented on January 3, 2023 Reply

situs resmi ole777 indonesia hanya di https://ole777indo.net/

• timeline commented on January 3, 2023 Reply

I would like to express my gratitude to you for sharing this excellent post. I have to say that I am very impressed with your post because the information provided is both comprehensive and simple to grasp. Your subsequent post will receive a lot of attention from me. foodle

• Peer Mohammad Qadri Ji +91-8306324220 pirmuhammadqadri@gmail.com https://amliyatdua.com/ amliyatdua@gmail.com amliyatduaa123@gmail.com dua for parents, beautiful dua for parents, dua for mother, dua for father, description Do you want to make commented on January 3, 2023 Reply

Do you want to solve your problems in your life then you can consult with our molvi ji and get dua for good luck in life. He will also give you wazifa for good luck and wealth. For more information visit us @ https://amliyatdua.com/dua-for-good-luck

• Hennessy commented on January 4, 2023 Reply

Thanks for the info I will try to figure it out for more.

https://www.mybkexperience.one/

• safetotosite commented on January 7, 2023 Reply

You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. 먹튀검증