For conduct matters, please contact:
Sara Mata, Ph.D.
University of Oklahoma
The organizers of the 2019 NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) Annual Meeting are committed to making the meeting productive and enjoyable for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, age, or religion. Harassment of participants will not be tolerated in any form.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Behave professionally. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, or religion.
- Participation in any meeting-related event while impaired or intoxicated will not be tolerated.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience of people from many different backgrounds. Sexual, violent, and disrespectful language and imagery are not appropriate.
- Be kind to others. Do not disrespect, insult, or put down other attendees and/or their research.
- Respect confidentiality. This meeting aims to encourage open discussion of areas of weakness, “lessons learned”, and other topics that may create vulnerable feelings among participants. Information shared by individuals, especially informally and/or in small groups, should not be shared outside of the meeting or attributed to them by name by notetakers.
Behavior and language that are welcome/acceptable to one person may be unwelcome/offensive to another. Consequently, individuals must use discretion to ensure that their words and actions communicate respect for others. This is especially important for those in positions of authority.
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately. Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the event at the sole discretion of the organizers without a refund of any charge.