Graduate Staff

Aseel Abulhab, Assistant Resident Director for Elder

Aseel most recently worked as the Assistant Director for Intergroup Relations & Inclusive Programming and Muslim Program Coordinator at Williams College in Massachusetts; she has served as the Assistant Resident Director in Elder since the 2022-23 academic year. Aseel holds a B.A. in History from Williams College and an M.A. in Social Work from the University of Michigan. While at Northwestern, Aseel will be working toward a Ph.D. in Linguistic Anthropology. During the 2023-24 school year, Aseel will serve as the Assistant Resident Director for Elder.

Vishal Jain, Assistant Resident Director for Schapiro Hall, 2347 Sheridan, 2349 Sheridan, Kemper Hall

My name is Vishal Jain (he/him/his) and I am so excited to be the North 2 ARD this year! I grew up in Jacksonville, FL but have had the pleasure of living all around the US while chasing work/school that has felt meaningful and aligned with my heart. As a previous resident of Chicago, I am returning to pursue a PhD in Human Development and Social Policy here at Northwestern. I received my master’s in education from Harvard University (where I met my fiancĂ©!) and my bachelor’s in business from Emory University. Before NU I have held professional roles as a self-employed consultant, non-profit director, undergraduate career adviser, and management consultant; I would love to talk to you about any and all life/career thoughts that you might have! You’ll also be seeing my incredible partner Rachel Udabe living with me on campus while she does the important work of policy, organizing, and advocacy with We The People Michigan. In our spare time we love getting outside in nature, trying new restaurants, finding cute study spots, and cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I’m so excited to get to know, work with, and learn from you; it’s going to be a fantastic year!

Sanjana Kumar, Graduate Assistant to Faculty-in-Residence