After the Master of Science in Law degree was launched in 2014, we began hearing from STEM professionals in all parts of the US and the world who were very interested in the content of the degree, but could not move to Chicago to enroll in the program. With the goal of making the degree accessible to more people from different walks of life, we launched the online version of the degree in the fall of 2018. The online format provides professionals from around the world with the opportunity to advance their careers by expanding their understanding of how law and business relate to their specific STEM background. Check out the video below to learn more about the online version of the MSL degree.
Students in the online program study part-time and have the flexibility to choose the pace at which they complete the degree within a two to four year timeframe. The course schedule allows students to complete the required courses and choose the electives most applicable to their career goals at a pace that suits their schedule.
Key features of the MSL Online program include:
- Flexible program start options in Fall or Spring each year
- Customizable course schedules
- Classes taught by Northwestern Law faculty and accomplished adjunct professors – the same faculty who teach in the residential MSL format
- Engaging and interactive course work
- Live, online (synchronous) class sessions
- One week onsite intensive at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in Chicago
- Strong sense of community
- Opportunity to take classes on campus at the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in Chicago
Students from the inaugural class in the online program are currently entering their second year; some are even preparing for graduation this coming May. For more information on the MSL Online Program, please visit the MSL website.