MSL Student Leaders: Dylan Sacenti (Part II)

Since coming to the MSL program in Fall 2018, Dylan Sacenti has immersed himself fully in the Law School community. Read on about how he is embracing his artistic side through performing opportunities at Northwestern! 

Name:

Dylan Sacenti

Student Organizations that you represent:

Habeas Chorus; Wigmore Follies

Why did you get involved with these student organizations?

At the Master of Science in Law program, there is immense opportunity to grow intellectually. Having this academic rigor is great, and I needed to find a way to balance it through a creative outlet. Both Habeas Chorus, Northwestern Law School’s Acapella group, and Wigmore Follies, Northwestern’s Law School Musical, allow me to channel my creative passions through singing, acting, and dancing. These organizations have also given me a means of creating lasting relationships with Law School students outside the MSL program.

What is your role within these organizations?

I act as a liaison between these groups and the MSL program, informing my peers of upcoming events and ways to get involved.

What has been your favorite part of being involved with these organizations?

My favorite part of being a part of these groups has been the performance aspect. In Habeas Chorus, we practice every week to perform at a few events, so the performances are very enjoyable to see the hard work paying off. I also really enjoy being able to meet people from all over the Law School; it provides a great channel to make connections to the LLMs, 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls.

What has been one exciting event this year? Do you have any interesting/exciting upcoming events?

Habeas Chorus delivered Valentines Day Singing Telegrams back in February! MSL Program Director Leslie Oster was surprised by one, gifted by an MSL alumnus! We also will be having our Spring Concert in April where we will perform all of the songs we’ve been working hard on! Wigmore Follies is Northwestern Pritzker Law School of Law’s annual musical revue, written, produced, and performed entirely by students! The Follies is happening on April 5th and 6th.

Want to learn more about student leadership opportunities at the Law School? Check out our other “MSL Student Leaders” posts!