Staff Spotlight: Mara Jacobucci

Hi everyone! I’m Mara. I’m the Senior Program Coordinator for the MSL. I coordinate a number of areas of the program from student services and alumni engagement to recruitment, marketing, and communications. I’ve been with the program since October 2016, and have enjoyed getting to know the students from each cohort.

The best part of my job is that I get to meet and get to know so many wonderful people, from MSL students to external contacts and potential applicants. I love being involved with the MSL student experience from the time they enroll in the program to the day they graduate (and beyond!). It is exciting to see how students grow and develop their career and educational goals while they are in the program, and to see where they end up after the program. A few of my biggest goals for the coming academic year are to continue to improve the MSL student experience (based on feedback from our thoughtful graduates), increase the level of engagement of our alumni, and further spread the word about the MSL program to exceptional students and faculty & staff members at other institutions.

Prior to joining the MSL team, I worked in a number of administrative/education-related rolls in various companies,  from a dance organization to a tutoring company to a physical therapy company. Before moving to Chicago, I earned a BS from Indiana University Bloomington.

I grew up in Southern California and moved to Chicago about 4 years ago. Since becoming a Chicagoan, I have lived in Logan Square, Wicker Park, Humboldt Park, and Bridgeport.

A few of my favorites in Chicago:

Favorite Spot in the Law School
In the summertime, I enjoy spending breaks in the courtyard or the patio at Harry’s Café. Sometimes, I even bring my laptop outside with me to get some work done. In the wintertime, my favorite spot in the Law School is in front of my space heater at my desk.

Museum
My favorite museum in Chicago is the Art Institute of Chicago. There are so many amazing pieces of art from classics to contemporary works. A slightly hidden gem is the Thorne Miniature Rooms exhibit in the basement. It is a magical experience. I highly recommend checking it out!

Food
There are so many delicious options in Chicago, so here are a bunch of my favorites:

Hobbies
Outside of work, you can usually find me at the climbing gym. I also love exploring the city with my wonderful fiancé and friends, including visiting the Garfield Park Conservatory, attending a show at the Harris Theater, or trying a new restaurant!

Mara Jacobucci
Senior Program Coordinator