Weekly Staff Spotlight: Alyscia Raines, MSA Assistant Director

Every Friday, we will be highlighting a different MSA staff member, exploring what they are up to this summer.  This week’s feature is Alyscia Raines, MSA Assistant Director.

Picture of Alyscia Raines

Alyscia Raines, Assistant Director of MSA

1. What projects are you working on at MSA this summer?

I am working on quite a few projects this summer. Some of those things include- A Student of Color Mixer for 1st-year students, a presentation during Wildcat Welcome for families with students of color and I also lead a committee that examines the ways in which NU can better support and create a community for Black women faculty, staff, students and alum…. Just to name a few!

2. What can students expect to see new at MSA in the fall?

I am most excited about filling our vacant Assistant Director role, that works with the LGBTQ community on campus.

3. What has been taking up your free time over the summer?

Ha! What is free time? My family including my husband and two daughters keep me busy. They have so much energy!

4. What has been your favorite part of the summer so far?

So far the best part of my summer has been running by the lakefront, participating in 5K/10K races and spending more time outside with the kiddos. Really the summer weather and sunshine puts me in the best mood!

5. What are you most looking forward to the school year to come?

I am most looking forward to my second year in my role. Now that I have one year under my belt, I am excited to enact new ideas, be more intentional and meet more students. Bring it on 2019-2020 academic year!