Creating a Menu
You can create multiple menus
- Select “Appearance > Menus” in the left-hand dashboard menu to visit the menu editor.
- You can also create and modify menus using the customizer tool.
- Select “Create a New Menu”
- Give your menu a name (eg. “My Great Menu”).
- Click “Create Menu”
Adding Items To A Menu
- Select “Appearance > Menus” in the left-hand dashboard menu.
- Using the dropdown selector, pick which menu you’d like to edit and click “Select”
- Using the checkboxes next to each item, pick which item(s) you would like to add to the menu.
- Click “Add To Menu” and the selected items will appear in the menu structure panel.
- Click and Drag the items in the Menu Structure into the order you’d like them to display.
- To create a submenu, drag the child menu item onto the desired parent item.
- Click “Save Menu”
Depending on which theme you have selected, you may be able to configure multiple menus. Typically, a site will support a main navigation menu and a footer menu. Some themes support additional menu locations.
To see how many menus your theme supports, select “Appearance > Menus” in the left-hand dashboard menu to visit the menu editor.
Select “Manage Locations” from the menu configuration page.
- Use the “Assigned Menu” dropdown to change which menu appears in the corresponding “Theme Location”
- Click “Save Changes”