Embedding Downloadable Files
Choosing A File
- To embed a downloadable file into a post or page, click the “Add Media” button.
- At this point, you may choose to Upload Files or select a file from the Media Library.
- In the “Insert Media” menu, click “Upload Files”
- In the “Insert Media” popup, you may drag and drop an image, or click “Select Files” to locate a file on your device for upload.
- Once you’ve uploaded a file, you will be able to make adjustments to the file.
- Under “Attachment Details” you can make adjustments to various attributes:
- Under “Attachment Display Settings” you can adjust what will happen when users click on the download link.
- Link To – Set a destination URL if a user clicks on the image. By default this is set to “Media File” and clicking will download the file.
- When finished, click “Insert Into Page”
- The downloadable file will appear as a link in your content.