1. HWISE PROTOCOL PAPER UNDER REVIEW
Thank you to the 40+ HWISE members who provided feedback on the HWISE protocol manuscript. It has now been resubmitted to BMJ Open and is currently under review. Congrats to everyone and cheers for this great collaborative feat!
2. WATER SHARING ETHNOGRAPHY PUBLISHED
Many HWISE collaborators recently published a review paper in WIRES Water that describes household water sharing practices across cultures. It is highly relevant to our endeavors and can be accessed here.
3. HWISE DATA ARE AVAILABLE FOR ANALYSIS
Data for 17 HWISE 1.0 and 11 HWISE 2.0 study sites have been thoroughly cleaned and are available for analysis. A detailed explanation of the data cleaning protocol can be accessed here.
4. ONGOING ANALYSES
Members of the consortium are currently using HWISE data to investigate important topics. If you have analyses you’d like to perform, please read the above section regarding data requests. These are the topics that have been approved by the Executive Committee to date:
- Impacts of water insecurity on infant feeding (Roseanne Schuster, Maggie Butler)
- Impacts of worry over water on perceived stress (Amber Pearson, Ashley Hagaman, Cassie Workman, Amber Wutich, Alex Brewis Slade)
- Subjective assessment of the severity of various water insecurity items in Ethiopia (Kenny Maes, Yihenew Tesfaye)
- Relationship between household water sharing practices, stress, and perceived water quality (Alex Brewis Slade, Asher Rosinger, Amber Wutich, et al.)
- Reports of injury while fetching water (Vidya Venkataramanan, et al.)
5. WISHING SHALEAN GOOD LUCK AND SAFE ADVENTURING
Shalean Collins has been integral at every stage of the HWISE project; without her hard work, we wouldn’t have so many sites with such interesting (and clean!) data. We will miss her warm smile and jovial personality as she departs for the Peace Corps in Morocco, and wish her good luck as she embarks on this exciting journey. We’re all glad to be able to say “we knew her when…” She can be reached at <email@example.com>.