Of Things That Shouldn’t Be – A Cinematic Poetry Piece

Of Things That Shouldn’t Be is a cinematic poetry piece by Princess Collado & Mohammed Al-Khulaifi that attempts to explore the nature of Paulo Freire’s banking education system and our desires to break free from the system where we are held to absorb knowledge without resistance.

23 comments on “Of Things That Shouldn’t Be – A Cinematic Poetry PieceAdd yours →

1. I really love this piece. It’s very well-made and executed perfectly. Some shots I really like and relate to is when the actor is staring at the screen at the beginning and end of the film, and how the notes said “the revolution will not be televised.” This message is very powerful and true, it shows how the things we have access to are always controlled by others (relating back to the banking system of education and how the teacher is always in control). Amazing job!

1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words. I also appreciate how you noticed the signs and relations in the film that link to the topic of the education banking system! Very well done!

2. Wow… this is fantastic, Princess and Mohammed! Well written, performed, filmed and edited. Excellent narration. Mohammed – did you compose the music?

1. Very glad you liked it! Yes I have composed the music! I also believe that the color grading which was done by Princess has accompanied the music very well! Very happy to hear from you, Professor Rana!

3. This gave me goosebumps. So many messages, so many truths, so much to think about. Well done Princess and Mohammed.

4. Amazing job! I absolutely loved this and I truly admire how you were able to perfectly capture the emotions of encapsulation that stem from banking system of education.

5. wow I am in love with this piece. I can see the effort and time put into it and it is extremely poetic and like I am speechless!!!! it is beautiful!!!!

6. I really enjoyed the film! I loved the shots, the story, the narration, and I really liked how you linked all of this to the banking concept of education, especially in how the character feels trapped because of what is presented to him to the point where he doesn’t even dare go beyond or think further. Good job!!

7. This was a really beautiful piece and everything went together perfectly. I especially liked the little easter eggs of popular discourses nowadays. It was a flashback summary of current events and a takedown of contemporary politics and I really enjoyed that.

8. Wow! Amazing job guys! I really enjoyed watching the film and appreciate your incorporation of symbolic details into the visuals, which really depicted your creativity and effort.

9. Wow, I really loved the video it was so good! The visuals, editing, audio, and topic all come together perfectly! I like how everything was linked to the educations banking system. Watching the video was an experience itself!

10. The script, the music, the editing, the color palette, the cinematography! Absolutely amazing! You guys did a beautiful job conveying a really important message so creatively. Your artistry shined through! Wonderful job Mohammed and Princess!

11. This piece was really amazing and I must say the production of this film was simply phenomenal. I like how you guys highlighted freeing the mind and not letting anyone confine us or tell us what we should think whether it be society or those closest to us. We should never be afraid even when we don’t know where we are going. Great message guys!

12. The cinematography, the music and the script. It was so good, I love it so much. Moreover giving information regarding most popular issues going on, it was amazing. Amazing work guys!!

13. Incredible job!! This was so beautiful to watch! The art, music, words and narration, gorgeous shots, and color grading! Outstanding. I really love how you both integrated the feelings and understanding of the banking system of education into cinematic poetry. I can watch this over and over again!

14. Great video you guys!
    The script, the music and the visuals flow so well altogether. Love love love it. Also I like how it ends on “seek without shame and the world will unfold upon you”.
    Great work!!

15. This is absolutely amazing! I really love the visual aspects of this movie and the amount of effort you guys have put into producing this. I’m surprised how you even managed to do all this in such a dense semester.
    Khulaifi’s score is such an amazing touch to this movie. I am very happy to know that you got to showcase your talent even in a university environment.
    Exceptional work! I am very grateful to be part of your discussion group.

16. This is a really touching piece! The narration is beautiful, the writing is impeccable, the editing is great and the music culminates it all! Saying that you guys did a fantastic job would be. an understatement! Kudos to you two!!!!