Preparing for Finance with NextGen

Name: Ronald Kim

Year: Sophomore

Majors: Economics, History

Minor: Business Institutions

CFS Program: Field Studies in the Modern Workplace

Employer: NextGen Growth Partners

Participating in the Chicago Field Studies program has been an extremely rewarding and valuable experience – both professionally and personally. Having been interested in a career in finance, interning at NextGen Growth Partners was a perfect fit. I’ve been able to talk about this private equity experience during networking calls and I believe it’s an outstanding opportunity for those interested in similar career paths.

On a more personal level, I’ve really enjoyed getting to know my supervisors and coworkers, who have been tremendous mentors and people during my time at NextGen. Furthermore, I had the privilege to intern with several other Northwestern undergrads, whom I became close with and had a lot of fun working with. I especially enjoyed being able to explore Chicago’s Restaurant Row and French Market during our lunch breaks.

Overall, I highly recommend the CFS program, and am very gracious for the support given to it by its sponsors and faculty. From finding an internship to navigating the interview process, Karen has been of great help throughout as well. Lastly, I have thoroughly enjoyed my class with Professor Andrew Day, who has led an amazing class that has been able to put each student’s internship experience in the context of various texts and schools of thought.