Eshan learns about the legal profession from a new perspective

on

Name: Eshan

Year: Sophomore

Major(s): Radio/Television/Film

CFS Program: Legal Field Studies

CFS was the best choice for me. One, it exposed me to employment opportunities that I would’ve been unaware of otherwise. Two, it provided some structure and purpose to internships that may seem aimless otherwise. Three, it allowed me to view the legal profession from a macrocosmic perspective. If it were just me in an internship at the State Attorney’s Office, my viewpoint would’ve been quite narrow, but by talking to students who work in other areas such as immigration law, civil court and bar foundations, I’m aware of how vast the profession’s scope really is. The discussion sections are invaluable for this reason. It also gave me a closer look at post-graduation work ethic. I realize how frustrating travel can be and how unexpected delays may occur; this experience taught me to plan for these things. It also taught me the value of drive and self-initiative in a workplace, no matter which one. The leaders of the office aren’t those who complete all their work sufficiently but rather who are always looking for more.