Melissa Gains Experience in the Healthcare Industry

on

Name: Melissa

Year: Senior

Major(s): Biological Sciences

CFS Program: Field Studies in Public Health

This quarter was my first time participating in Chicago Field Studies and it has been an incredibly rewarding journey. I was nervous about finding an internship that would match my interests, but my CFS advisor was with me through each step of the process. I am currently interning with a nonprofit organization that focuses on making science fun and accessible to the community of Chicago. My goals for this internship, from the start, were to learn more about what it entails to be part of a nonprofit organization, and to meet and work with passionate individuals in a unique and diverse environment. I have been lucky enough to be challenged with the opportunity to join a team that loves science and public engagement as much as I do. As someone interested in serving in the healthcare industry, Chicago Field Studies has also been invaluable to my overall experience as a prospective candidate. CFS has been a relatively painless way for me to start building my connections and my professional work experience in preparation for future recruitment in this field. The public health CFS course has also been one of my favorite classes at Northwestern. I have learned so much, not just from the content led by my wonderful professor but also by my peers and their respective experiences in healthcare. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to join CFS before I graduate!