Francesco on Modern Workplace

francescoguerrieri-cfsf2016Name: Francesco

Year: Senior

Major(s): Economics

Minor(s): Asian Languages and Cultures

CFS Program: Field Studies in the Modern Workplace

My CFS class, Field Studies in the Modern Workplace, has been an extremely helpful tool throughout my internship this Fall. It has helped me reflect on the details of my internship experience through the writing assignments in class and the group-based discussion with other members of my class. This has given me insight into the range of experiences that can occur in the workplace and how to properly navigate these situations. This has prepared me for future work experiences, giving me the knowledge and confidence to succeed in the modern workplace.

The readings have also been extremely insightful, because they have helped me critically analyze the workplace as a social and political space. This has helped me understand the evolution of the conception of work and the many forms it takes today. This is important because it gives me a historical context for the development of work, which has prepared me to enter this phase of my life as a working professional. Because of the guidance of Field Studies in the Modern Workplace, I am ready to take the next step into professional work.