Linda on Week 3 of her Spring 2014 Internship

Name: LindaLinda Kim CFS Photo
Junior
Major: Psychology
Minor: Business Institutions
CFS Program: Field Studies in the Modern Workplace

This Spring, I have the amazing opportunity to work at LiquidThead, a branded content agency that focuses most of its efforts on digital and social media. Going into the recruitment process for CFS, LiquidThread was my first choice because of all the great things I’ve heard about the agency from past interns and the feeling I got from being in the office during my interview. While the overall recruitment process was tedious, it was worth it because when I had all my offers laid out on the table, I knew that the only place I would feel completely happy was at LiquidThread, regardless of pay, stipends, size of the office, etc.

I’m just over three weeks into my internship and I would be lying if I said it was exactly what I expected. The reality is, being here has been so much more fulfilling and exciting than I ever imagined it would be. Yes, waking up at 6am Tuesday through Friday was rough, but after the first week, it wasn’t a problem at all. In fact, I go to sleep wishing it was already time to wake up for work. The people I get to work with, the kinds of work I get to do, and being able to see the work I do evolve into something bigger and greater are all integral parts of my positive experience here. I can’t imagine feeling this way at any of the other companies I could have potentially chosen.

Our supervisors told us on the first day, “we will treat you like associates” and to this day, there has not been a single day where I have felt like anything less than an associate. Working here has been one of the best experiences of my entire life and it is honestly heartbreaking knowing that in a few short weeks, the quarter and my internship will be coming to an end. I hope to learn and digest as much as I can during my time here, continue to get to know all the great people I’m surrounded by, and leave a lasting impression at LiquidThread!