Michael on Week 2 of his Winter 2014 Internship

Name: Michael
SeniorMichael Rossi headshot
Major: Cognitive Science
CFS Program: Field Studies in Public Health

This winter I have had the opportunity to intern at the Center for Healthcare Innovation. I chose this internship because it is a unique opportunity and different from any other experience I have had thus far. My work so far has made me realize just how broad the scope of “health” is and how integral it is to many Chicago industries.

The opportunity to work with and be mentored by some of the leading healthcare executives in the Chicago land area has been a great experience in terms of personal growth and professional development. Through talking with them and learning from their career paths and interests, my internship thus far has served to deepen my interest in working in healthcare. Furthermore, the class has provided a framework to capture the experience of my work. Learning and understanding some of the roots of public health and then hearing how each student has been able to learn and apply what they learned in the class at their own internship has allowed me to learn even more through Chicago Field Studies. I’m excited to see what the rest of the quarter has in store!