Meet CFS Alum: Stephen

Name: Stephen
Current Year: Senior
Major: Biological Sciences
CFS Program: Field Studies in Public Health

I really enjoyed the CFS program. From the initial orientation meeting to the final presentations, everything was very well structured and organized. I feel like I gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience through the program as well as through the class in terms of public health and working in a public health environment.
The mix of internship with class time provided the chance to learn about public health while being actively involved in a public health project.

The CFS staff was always really helpful. My CFS adviser helped guide me through the entire process of getting an internship and making sure my experience was successful. I felt that I could contact her whenever I needed anything. For example, on the day of one of my interviews, I frantically called her, but she was available and helped me out with great advice. The other staff was always friendly and helpful if I needed anything.

My CFS instructor was great. She was always thoroughly prepared for every class and was always able to provide a wealth of knowledge to our discussions and our lectures. The lectures themselves were very interesting and combined information with different media and learning resources. She provided thought-provoking questions that elevated the level of our class time, which was a great benefit. I liked the distribution between lecture and discussion, as well as the range of topics that we explored throughout the course. The discussions were always very deep and always covered the readings very thoroughly while provoking different questions about issues relating to public health. I also really enjoyed the field trip to Kidz Express; it was a really good opportunity to meet the kids while also learning about actual public health work in the world.