- Congratulations to Subhas Mukherjee for being selected to participate and present at the Young Investigators Forum in Neuro-Oncology, July 25-26, 2019 in Atlanta, GA. He gave an oral presentation titled, “Targeting ATP docking and P35 binding of CDK5 in Glioma Stem Cells using Synthetic Inhibitors.” Subhas Mukherjee, Gary Schiltz, Matt Clutter, Rama Mishra, Nitya Sharma, Steve Markwell, Cheryl Olson, Daniel Brat
- A new way to diagnose glioma brain tumors FSM Breakthroughs podcast
- Daniel Brat, MD, PhD, is changing the way we understand and grade gliomas FSM Breakthroughs Q&A
- Enzyme Blocker Stops Growth of Deadly Brain Tumor
Scientists discovered the regulatory role of the enzyme CDK5 in an aggressive form of brain cancer and successfully halted tumor growth by inhibiting it.
- Machines See the Future for Patients Diagnosed With Brain Tumors
Scientists have developed software that can forecast the survival of patients diagnosed with glioma that is more accurate than physicians’ predictions.
- Precision Pathologist
New chair Daniel Brat, MD, PhD, is spearheading transformations in pathology, a field that’s rapidly evolving in parallel with advances in precision medicine and a trend toward sub-specialization.
Investiture of Dr. Daniel Brat, MD, PhDCongratulations to Dr. Daniel J Brat, MD, PhD on receiving the title of Pathology Department Chair and Magerstadt Professor of Pathology. Dr. Brat was recognized with a ceremony on January 18th, 2018. Speakers included Dr. Eric Neilson, MD, Vice President for Medical Affairs and the Lewis Landsberg Dean at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Dr. Maciej Lesniak, MD, Michael J. Marchese Professor and Chairman of the department of Neurosurgery at Northwestern University.