Yue Qi

I am a first-year graduate student in the Van Duyne group. I grew up in Guiyang, a beautiful city in the southwestern part of China. Deciding it wasn’t cold and snowy enough, I moved to Beijing to get my B.S. in Chemistry. While at Peking University, my research mainly focused on the design and synthesis of inorganic energy-storage materials. After graduating in 2017, and again, deciding Beijing wasn’t cold and snowy enough either, I moved overseas to the Chicago area and joined the Van Duyne group at Northwestern University. Here my research interest shifted from synthesizing to investigating ultrafast plasmonic reaction dynamics using ultrafast Raman spectroscopy. Outside of lab work, my hobbies include photography, reading, and more recently, acquiring enough flower arrangement skills to decorate my apartment.

YueQi2017@u.northwestern.edu

• Professor Richard Van Duyne

Additional Information

Discoverer of Surface-enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (1977)
    Inventor of Nanosphere Lithography (1995) & Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy (2000)

• Group Members

Professor Van Duyne has, in his career to date, advised a total of 87 graduate students and 47 postdoctoral fellows. Every year, Professor Van Duyne gives a talk to introduce new graduate students to our research. The 2017 seminar slides are available here.

• News

Professor Van Duyne was recently named a Vannevar Bush Faculty Fellow by the U.S. Department of Defense to conduct "high risk, high payoff" basic scientific research. Read more here