Toby Singer

I am an Associate Research Administrator for Professor Van Duyne and Professor Schatz. I joined the Department of Chemistry in June 2015. Previously I worked in Northwestern University’s Conflict of Interest office. Before coming to Northwestern I worked in survey research, managing government and private industry research projects. I am originally from North Carolina and have a B.A. in Anthropology from the University of North Carolina. I came to Chicago for graduate school and have an M.A. in Public Policy from the University of Chicago. I enjoy reading memoirs and spending time with my two daughters.

Department of Chemistry | Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Road | Suite K-112 | Evanston IL 60208 | Phone: 847-491-4139
toby.singer@northwestern.edu

• Professor Richard Van Duyne

Additional Information

Discoverer of Surface-enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (1977)
    Inventor of Nanosphere Lithography (1995) & Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy (2000)

• Group Members

Professor Van Duyne has, in his career to date, advised a total of 87 graduate students and 47 postdoctoral fellows. Every year, Professor Van Duyne gives a talk to introduce new graduate students to our research. The 2017 seminar slides are available here.

• News

Professor Van Duyne was recently named a Vannevar Bush Faculty Fellow by the U.S. Department of Defense to conduct "high risk, high payoff" basic scientific research. Read more here