3 Quotable Moments from Andrew Stroth

Andrew Stroth at the DPELC-MSL Speaker Series

The latest DPELC-MSL Speaker Series was a particularly inspiring one. The MSL students welcomed Andrew Stroth, a former sports agent turned civil rights lawyer for victims of police abuse. Andrew talked about the professional journey that led him to become the Managing Partner of the Action Injury Law Group, a firm that deals with more police shooting cases than any other law firm in the country. During the event, he also encouraged the students to share their own professional goals and gave them some words of wisdom about creating meaningful change in the legal profession. Here are three of his most quotable moments:

On Breaking Away from the Traditional Legal Path

I would challenge you to think about what’s possible, not what’s impossible. The reason I’m here, and so are your professors, is because I think technology is at the core of this.

On Creating a Meaningful Professional Life 

How do you design your life so it works for you? You want to figure out where your purpose meets your passion and leverage your background to make it happen.

On Rethinking the Competitive Nature of Law

My way of approaching the hyper-competitive environment of law is to ask, “How do we add value to this relationship?” I want to be collaborative.