22nd International Symposium on Transportation & Traffic Theory
JULY 24 – 26, 2017 @ NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Welcome to the 22nd International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT), to be held on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University, in the Greater Chicago region of Illinois, in the USA on July 24 – 26, 2017.
Since its launch in 1959 by the late Robert Herman, the International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT) series has remained the primary venue for discussing advances in the theoretical and methodological aspects of the interdisciplinary field of transportation and traffic systems science. Many key concepts and methods saw their origins in the Proceedings of these symposia.
Registration for student researchers: A limited number of full and partial fellowships for selected student researchers are available. Interested applicants need to submit a brief curriculum vitae showing their affiliation and research experience, and a letter of nomination by their supervising faculty. Requests for fellowships must be received by May 15th via email to Cynthia Ross at fellowships.
Special appreciation is extended to the members of the International Advisory Committee and the local organizing committee in the review and selection process of the papers included in this volume. Particular gratitude is owed to the referees who contributed considerable time and effort to the review process. Only through their dedicated and thoughtful effort can the ISTTT maintain its high standards of intellectual excellence.
We look forward to seeing you in July.
- Hani Mahmassani | Northwestern University
- Yu (Marco) Nie | Northwestern University
- Karen Smilowitz | Northwestern University
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- William HK Lam (Convenor) (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- Michael Bell (University of Sydney)
- Michel Bierlaire (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne)
- Avishai Ceder (University of Auckland)
- Mike Cassidy (University of California, Berkeley)
- Nathan Gartner (University of Massachusetts, Lowell)
- Benjamin Heydecker (UCL (University College London))
- Serge Hoogendoorn (Delft University of Technology)
- Hai-jun Huang (Beihang University)
- Hideyuki Kita (Kobe University)
- Masao Kuwahara (Tohoku University)
- Ludovic Leqlercq (École Nationale des Travaux Publics de l’État)
- Hani Mahmassani (Northwestern University)
- Juan Carlos Muñoz (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
- Marian Tracz (Cracow University of Technology)
- Chan Wirasinghe (University of Calgary)
- Ning Wu (Ruhr-University Bochum)
- Hai Yang (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Michael Zhang (University of California, Davis)
HONORARY MEMBERS OF IAC