Who can participate?
We conduct studies that include children with asthma and one of their parents or guardians.
To be eligible for participation, children must:
- Be 8-17 years old
- Have physician-diagnosed asthma, and no other chronic illnesses
- Have current prescription medication for asthma
- Come in to lab visit with one parent or guardian
What does participation include?
Parents and children come in to our research center for a 3.5-hour lab visit, consisting of:
- interviews about their health and their lives
- various computer questionnaires and tasks
- health assessments (e.g., lung function, blood draw, blood pressure)
If you would like detailed information about what study participation involves, click here.
What are the benefits of participating?
Benefits to participation include:
- Compensation: each family will be compensated up to $400 for their time, and reimbursed for travel or parking expenses
- Every family will receive feedback about their child’s asthma and about both the parent’s and child’s health
- Opportunities to learn about the latest scientific discoveries in our research center
Interested in participating?