The ice-cream story

I’ll be posting my second vlog on Enterprise Social Networking and Organizational culture next week. Meanwhile, I thought you’d enjoy a “cartoon-strip” about ESN. I was inspired by a fabulous post  on the blog – This Much We Know. It’s the ice-cream story.  Enjoy!

***

It was a Friday afternoon. Danny, Senior manager HR, went to the office pantry.
He realized that there was a lot of left-over ice-cream from a previous
office event.

Slide02

Danny went back to his cubicle and quickly opened up ToyBook-
the company’s Enterprise Social Networking Platform.

Slide04

And all the way in accounting….
In another building…
in a distant part of the toy kingdom…

Slide06

Soon, it was 2pm

Slide07 Slide08

Other toys saw that Leonardo was having a great time.

Slide09

They didn’t think he deserved all that ice-cream to himself so they decided to stop by at the pantry too.
Slide11

Many toys from different parts of the company turned up and they had a great time enjoying the ice-cream.

Slide13

Danny was very excited when he saw his colleagues post about the fabulous time that they had together !Slide14

***

So THIS…is the promise of ESN. Connection and the promise of collaboration regardless of distance and time. But does it actually pan out this way for organizations that have adopted ESN? Look forward to my next post! I’ll be sharing exploring examples from Tesla, Red Robin and an organization that shall not be named!

Stay tuned and have a fab weekend!

Acknowledgements:

Many thanks to the blog This Much We Know for inspiring this. Do check out that blog for some great insights into personal branding, the social enterprise, the future of work, the power of curiosity and other things.

AND

My boys for sharing their toys with me. This would not have been possible without their generosity.